DEVELOPMENT OF AN EXTENDED RANGE VIDEO INSPECTION (ERVI) SYSTEM FOR UNDERGROUND GAS DISTRIBUTION PIPES. FINAL REPORT, JULY 1992-MARCH 1994
During the 17 months of the project, PLS International, Consolidated Natural Gas and Gas Research Institute (GRI) developed an Extended Range Video Inspection System capable of visually examining the internal condition of live 3 inch to 8 inch diameter low pressure cast iron, steel and plastic distribution piping to distances up to 500 linear feet in each direction from the entry point, depending on internal condition of the examined piping. This system, the PLS 3000 Enhanced Pipeline Inspection System, is a substantial improvement over an earlier prototype system developed by PLS International and Consolidated Natural Gas Company. The PLS 3000 has successfully demonstrated that it can provide a real-time color television picture of the inside of the piping.
- Portions of the document are not fully legible. Sponsored by Gas Research Institute, Chicago, IL.
PLS InternationalCleveland, OH United States 44106
- McNulty, G R
- Qureshi, I
- Publication Date: 1995-3
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Inspection equipment; Maintenance; Natural gas distribution systems; Pipelines
- Uncontrolled Terms: Video technology
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00719068
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: GRI-95-0024
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 4 1996 12:00AM