DETERMINATION OF SHIP AND WEATHER DEPENDENT DRAG COEFFICIENTS FOR THE DIMENSIONING OF THE MAIN ENGINE AND THE CONTROL OF THE ENGINE AND PROPELLER LOAD ON THE SEA. FINAL REPORT
BESTIMMUNG VON SCHIFFSSPEZIFISCHEN WETTERBEDINGTEN WIDERSTANDSBELWERTEN ZUR AUSLEGUNG DES HAUPTMOTORS UND ZUR UEBERWACHUNG DER MOTOR- UND PROPELLERBELASTUNG IM SEEBETRIEB. ABSCHLUSSBERICHT
The method applied here uses the marine screw propeller as measuring instrument for resistance changes. From the ship's logs the mean of the entries of ship's velocity, fuel consumption, motor output and speed rotation were evaluated in connection with weather and operating conditions. Moreover, results of model tests, free-running diagrams of propellers as well as general ship data were used. Ship logs and data of 15 ships of different size were put at our disposal by different German Shipping companies.
Berlin Technische UniversitaetFachbereich 12-Verkehrswesen
- Grossmann, G
- Publication Date: 1991-12
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Drag forces; Engine operation; Performance; Propellers; Ships; Vehicle maintenance; Water transportation; Weather conditions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine operating conditions; Propeller performance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00719066
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ETDE-DE-77
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 4 1996 12:00AM