PPG 13 - A GUIDE TO BETTER PRACTICE: REDUCING THE NEED TO TRAVEL THROUGH LAND USE AND TRANSPORT PLANNING
This guide provides a practical users manual for implementing the lessons of Planning Policy Guidance Note 13 (PPG13) - Transport. Sections 1-3 of the guide provide advice on the key planning principles which underlie PPG13 and how these can be developed into land use and other policies. Sections 4-6 work through the main elements of PPG13 and focus on relevant policies and case studies. There is a section on location of development including housing, employment, freight, retail, leisure, tourism and recreation and public facilities. The transport measures included are car parking, pedestrians, cycling, traffic management, public transport and park and ride.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0117531448
Her Majesty Stationary Office49 High Holborn
London WC1V 6HB, England
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; City planning; Cyclists; Environmental protection; Parking; Pedestrians; Planning; Policy; Public transit; Rural areas; Textbooks; Tourism; Traffic restraint; Transportation; Urban areas
- ITRD Terms: 1742: Cyclist; 2444: Environment protection; 955: Parking; 1733: Pedestrian; 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 744: Public transport; 328: Rural area; 8526: Textbook; 9143: Tourism; 311: Town centre; 354: Town planning; 633: Traffic restraint; 1155: Transport; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00718017
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 0-11-753144-8
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Mar 20 1996 12:00AM