DELIVERING THE GOODS: REPORT OF THE JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE ON THE NATIONAL CAPITAL AND EXTERNAL TERRITORIES
Having regard to commercial considerations in servicing remote localities in Australia and to the self governing status of Norfolk Island, this document reports on an examination of the effectiveness and cost of current arrangements for the freighting of food, general supplies, building materials and other community needs into the territories of Christmas Island, the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Norfolk Island including: (a) future options for servicing these territories; (b) the adequacy of existing freight discharge and handling infrastructure and systems into each of these territories. The report also discusses the frequency and cost of current passenger travel into Norfolk Island and options for the future. (a)
AGPSGPO BOX 84
CANBERRA, ACT Australia 2601
- Publication Date: 1995-2
- Pagination: 262 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Freight transportation; Level of service; Policy; Private transportation; Public transit; Ships
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 224: Cost; 741: Goods traffic; 653: Level of service; 173: Policy; 746: Private transport; 744: Public transport; 1248: Ship
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Policy; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00717812
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 20 1996 12:00AM