BENELUX TEST WITH DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (DRL): MASTER PLAN FOR AN EVALUATION STUDY INTO THE EFFECT OF DRL ON ROAD SAFETY IN THE BENELUX COUNTRIES
The Benelux test with daytime running lights (DRL) is regarded as a European pilot study. The results of the evaluation study will form the basis for the decision-making process at a European level. The International Committee for DRL (IC-DRL) has made recommendations for study in its report. This report presents an overview of the studies which are designed to meet the IC-DRL recommendations, as well as the criticisms of a methodological and analytical nature that were expressed by the IC-DRL in relation to all preceding studies into the effect of DRL. In addition, it is indicated in what way current objections and misgivings with respect to DRL can be investigated, and how this study may offer a response to questions that still remain unanswered. A total of 8 main projects are described.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Lindeijer, J E
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Daytime running lamps; Research; Research projects
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00716850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-91-38, HS-041 443
- Files: HSL, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 21 1996 12:00AM