A MANUAL ON USER BENEFIT ANALYSIS OF HIGHWAY AND BUS-TRANSIT IMPROVEMENTS, 1977
This manual provides cost factors, nomographs and guidelines for estimating the economic effects of highway and bus-transit improvements on highway and transit users. It is intended to replace the 1960 AASHTO report "Road User Benefit Analyses for Highway Improvements." This manual presents all of the information needed for economic analysis of most types of highway and bus-transit improvements, including curve elimination, widening or adding lanes, reducing gradients, new road construction, intersection controls, dedication of lanes for buses and changes in bus routes or schedules. However, the manual user must first supply physical and financial data on the improvement and estimate its effect on highway capacity and traffic, transit patronage, miles of bus travel and average bus service speed.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 189 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus routes; Bus transit; Expenditures; Finance; Highway capacity; Highways; Improvements; Public transit; Ridership; Transit vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus schedules; Financial expenditures
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00716738
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1996 12:00AM