SECOND GENERATION ICE NAVIGATION SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION, PHASE III: FINAL REPORT
Canarctic recently completed the five-year shipboard ice navigation support system (SINSS) program to develop an ice intelligence system for ice class vessels to enable them to safely and efficiently navigate through heavy sea ice conditions. The program resulted in a number of innovative ideas that could not be tested on the SINSS hardware base. This report discusses changes and upgrades in the system resulting from the field trial. A detailed description of the user interface is given and recommendations are made for future developments.
Canarctic Shipping Company, LimitedOttawa, Ontario, Canada
- Gautier, C
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Field tests; Ice navigation; System design; Vessel operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice operations; Shipboard operations
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00716408
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1996 12:00AM