AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL TOWERS EQUIPMENT/SYSTEM INTEGRATION STUDY
This study was initiated to conduct human factors assessments and technical investigations and to present findings in a manner that may be used directly in the design of integrated Air Traffic Control (ATC) towers. Interim report 1 provided a work plan for the entire study and presented findings from an evaluation of planned Canadian Airspace Subsystems and a review of the functional requirements in ATC towers defined by the SEI functional requirements specifications. Interim report 2 looked at the concept of an interim tower computer complex and provided human factor guidelines to be used in the assessment of candidate systems for equipment integration. This report amalgamates the two interim reports, the results of a review of the system engineering integration project (SEIP) national transition plan and site transition plan, and a recommended work breakdown structure for the next phase in the complete tower integration program.
- Contents: Vol. 1: Report; Vol. 2: Appendices.
Serco Aviation Services IncorporatedOttawa, Ontario, Canada
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: 581 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air traffic control facilities; Automation; Equipment design; Human factors engineering; Integrated systems; Systems analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Air traffic control terminal; Control systems automation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00716300
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1996 12:00AM