THE ROYAL COMMISSIONS REPORT ON TRANSPORT AND THE ENVIRONMENT - AN ECONOMIC ANALYSIS
This report presents an economic analysis of the recommendations made in the Royal Commission of Environmental Pollution report "Transport and the Environment" (IRRD 866965). It discusses two aspects: (1) Could the same environmental benefits be achieved at a lower cost by using some other mechanism? (2) an evaluation and ranking of the environmental benefits which follow from a series of recommendations.
LS RESEARCH LTDMAVIS BANK, CHURCH ROAD
GREATWORTH, BANBURY, OXON United Kingdom OX17 2DU
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Environment; Environmental protection; Planning; Policy; Pollutants; Public transit; Traffic restraint; Transportation; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 224: Cost; 2442: Emission; 2455: Environment; 2444: Environment protection; 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 744: Public transport; 633: Traffic restraint; 1155: Transport; 8119: United kingdom; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00716062
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jan 31 1996 12:00AM