DEVELOPMENT OF METHODS FOR DETERMINING ICE PRESSURE ON BRIDGE PIERS IN THE USSR
Contents: Functioning of bridge piers during ice drift period; Extent to which problem has been studied; Evaluating the role of a structure's sloped edge; Evaluating the mechanical properties of ice during ice motion; Regioning of USSR territory according to strength of spring ice; Certain additional suggestions on allowing for the dynamic pressure of ice, included in instructions SN76-66; Evaluating the effect of dynamic pressure of blocking and jamming masses on structures; The development of methods for determining the dynamic pressure of ice on bridge piers in the USSR.
- Draft translation of Institut Inzhenerov Zhelexnodorozhnogo Transporta, Novosibirsk. Trudy (USSR) N79 pp3-18, 1968.
Hanover, NH USA 03755-1290
- Korzhavin, K N
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Ice; Icebreaking; Loads; River ice
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice crushing forces; Ice forces on structures; Ice loads
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00034696
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRREL-TL347
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1972 12:00AM