CONTINGENCY PLAN FOR ACCIDENTIAL OIL POLLUTION OF THE SEA
Since, in various countries, the problem of contingency plans for accidential oil pollution at sea is being debated, this translation of the draft plan, prepared in Italy, may be of interest to other experts. The plan was elaborated by a working group formed by Unione Petrolifera and ENI and submitted to the Ministry of Mercantile Marine. The text also includes the Plan for Cooperation between Mediterranean countries and the draft agreement for such cooperation. Four appendixes are included covering: (1) Emergency Communication Procedure; (2) Behavior of Oil Slicks; (3) Unloading of Damaged Ships; (4) Salvage Equipment and Maps of the Mediterranean including Italian Coastal Jurisdictions and Emergency Facilities.
Unione Petrolifera and Ente Nazionale Idrocarboni, Italy
- Publication Date: 1970-6
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Contingency planning; Liquid cargo handling; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Pollution; Salvage
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill behavior; Oil spill control; Oil transfer equipment; Pollution contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00034694
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: SNAM
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1973 12:00AM