FUNDING FOR ITS: WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD?
The author comments on the future of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) from a funding viewpoint. While funds have been allocated for ITS projects through the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA), these earmarked funds are hardly sufficient for full-scale national deployment. The author states that as ITS technologies gain acceptance as valuable transportation management tools, mainstreaming of ITS will be necessary to ensure adequate funding levels. Widespread and appropriate application of intelligent technologies is the ultimate goal.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/614107147
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Dahms, L D
- Publication Date: 1995-12
- Pagination: p. 55-56
- TRT Terms: Deployment; Finance; Financing; Intelligent transportation systems
- Identifier Terms: Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991
- Old TRIS Terms: Financial requirements
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00715311
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 7 1996 12:00AM