SETTING A NATIONAL RESEARCH AGENDA FOR THE CIVIL ENGINEERING PROFESSION. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
On January 28-30, 1991, the first National Civil Engineering Research Needs Forum was convened in Washington, D.C. This executive summary highlights each of the five major topics of discussion: 1) revitalizing the public works infrastructure, 2) improving competitiveness and business performance, 3) enhancing environmental quality, 4) advancement through innovation in emerging technologies, and 5) commercialization of research results/technology transfer. Implementation is discussed also.
- This Executive Summary is a companion document to the Forum Final Report, which contains a detailed account of the Forum (Volume 1: Final Report No. 91-F1003 and Volume 2: Appendices Report No. 91-F1003.A).
Civil Engineering Research Foundation1015 15th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC United States 20005
- National Civil Engineering Research Needs Forum
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1991-1-28 to 1991-1-30
- Publication Date: 1991-9
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 24p
- TRT Terms: Businesses; Civil engineering; Economic conditions; Environmental quality; Infrastructure; New products; Research; Research projects; Technological innovations; Technology transfer
- Uncontrolled Terms: Commercialization; Research programs
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00713836
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERF 91-F1003.E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1995 12:00AM