SETTING A NATIONAL AGENDA FOR THE CIVIL ENGINEERING PROFESSION. VOLUME 1: FINAL REPORT
On January 28-30, 1991, the first National Civil Engineering Research Needs Forum was convened in Washington, D.C. This report describes the nature of and impetus for the forum. The major topics of discussion were as follows: 1) revitalization of the public works infrastructure, 2) improvement of competitiveness and business performance, 3) enhancement of environmental quality, 4) advancement through innovation in emerging technologies, and 5) commercialization of research results/technology transfer. This report documents each discussion in depth and includes recommendations for long-term basic research in each of the five areas.
- Volume 2 (CERF 91-F1003.A) contains appendices, which include a listing of participants in each area, copies of several keynote addresses, and additional lower-ranked research prospectuses.
Civil Engineering Research Foundation1015 15th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC United States 20005
- National Civil Engineering Research Needs Forum
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1991-1-28 to 1991-1-30
- Publication Date: 1991-8
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 145p
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Businesses; Civil engineering; Economic conditions; Environmental quality; Infrastructure; New products; Research; Research projects; Technological innovations; Technology transfer
- Uncontrolled Terms: Commercialization; Research programs
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00713835
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERF 91-F1003
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1995 12:00AM