OCCUPANT MOTION IN ROLLOVER COLLISIONS
The rollover collision is a complex sequence of events which is often difficult to accurately envision. This paper presents an analysis of one aspect of vehicle and occupant motions in rollover accidents. A comparison of the vehicle-to-occupant interaction in rollover collisions with fixed-object side impacts is made in order to emphasize the commonality of these seemingly dissimilar collision configurations.
- Proceedings of the 19th AAAM Conference.
American Association for Automotive Medicine801 Green Bay Road
Lake Bluff, IL USA 60044
- Moffatt, E A
- 19th Annual Conference of the American Association for Automotive Medicine
- Date: 1975-11-0 to 1975-11-0
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Kinetics; Motion; Rollover crashes; Side collisions; Single vehicle crashes; Vehicle occupants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fixed object
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00133536
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM