PRACTICAL MEANS FOR REDUCING THE FAST DIESEL ENGINES
Substantial efforts have been made for the last ten years with a view to reducing the noise level of private cars equipped with high speed diesel engines. Among others, such efforts resulted in a substantial reduction of the characteristic diesel engine noise at idling speed as well as in a substantial improvement of acoustical comfort within the vehicle passenger compartment. Significant progress has already been made to reduce noise connected with fuel injection and combustion. With current engines, engine high speed noise is primarily mechanical.
- Proceedings of the Diesel Engine Noise Conference, SP-397.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- LeCreurer, M
- Marty, M
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: p. 168-178
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Automotive engineering; Combustion; Diesel engines; Engines; Fuel injection; Noise; Noise control
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Engine noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133483
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750837
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM