NOISE--THE DIESEL ENGINE DESIGNER'S DILEMMA
This paper attempts to put into perspective the noise position of the automotive diesel for the present and the future. It comments on some of the noise measuring techniques and in particular emphasises the importance of knowing the noise characteristics of each design of engine.
- Proceedings of the Diesel Engine Noise Conference, SP-397.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Porkess, A M
- Rice, R J
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: p. 215-221
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Automotive engineering; Diesel engines; Engines; Noise; Sound level meters
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Engine noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133480
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750841 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM