PRECISION OF SOIL COMPACTION TESTS: MAXIMUM DRY DENSITY AND OPTIMUM MOISTURE CONTENT
This project was established to develop precision testing values for test procedures used in routine material acceptance, material evaluation and field quality control. The report examines the repeatability and reproducibility of standard test methods as set out in the Australian Standards AS 1289 E2 series. The report sets out the precision values for maximum dry density and optimum moisture content as determined by the Materials Services Section using their own equipment and procedures.
SOUTH AUSTRALIA. ROAD TRANSPORT AGENCY. MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMBRIDGE ROAD
WALKLEY HEIGHTS, SOUTH AUSTRALIA Australia 5098
- Publication Date: 1994-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- MTRD Report
- Issue Number: 2-2
- Publisher: TRANSPORT SA. MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY SECTION
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Compaction; Density; Moisture content; Quality assurance; Soils; Specifications; Standards; Test procedures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reproducibility
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 3686: Compaction; 5908: Density; 6440: Error; 5920: Moisture content; 9123: Quality assurance; 5927: Reproducibility; 4156: Soil; 187: Specification (standard); 177: Specifications; 6288: Test method
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology;
- Accession Number: 00713328
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 22 1995 12:00AM