FORUM ON FUTURE DIRECTIONS IN TRANSPORTATION R&D, WASHINGTON, D.C., MARCH 6-7, 1995
The National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) is conducting a comprehensive review of federal research and development (R&D) activities. To conduct the R&D review in the area of transportation, NSTC has established the Committee on Transportation Research and Development. The committee requested that the Transportation Research Board (TRB) convene a special forum to gather input from a group that broadly represents transportation providers and customers of new transportation technology and concepts. More than 170 representatives from the scientific and engineering community, the private sector, Congress, state and local government, academia, and transportation stakeholders participated in this forum. The objectives of the forum were to (a) obtain input from various segments of the transportation community on their particular federal R&D needs, (b) define an approach for the systematic and objective evaluation of R&D strategies and priorities, and (c) solicit comments and perspectives on a prepublication version of the Strategic Planning Document, prepared by the NSTC committee. This publication contains the proceedings of the forum. It is organized as follows: Executive Summary; Chairman's Remarks; Plenary Sessions; Breakout Sessions; Closing Remarks; and Appendix.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0309061679
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Forum on Future Directions in Transportation R&D
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1995-3-6 to 1995-3-7
- Publication Date: 1995
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 180 p.
- Transportation Research Board Conference Proceedings
- Issue Number: 9
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 1073-1652
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Development; Federal government; Research; Strategic planning; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00713043
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0309061679
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Oct 20 1995 12:00AM