DISTRIBUTED INPUT/OUTPUT SUBSYSTEM FOR TRAFFIC SIGNAL CONTROL
In an effort to add more and more features to traffic signal systems, the traffic signal cabinet has become very complicated. Furthermore, none of the standard family of traffic signal controllers have interfaces more sophisticated than 24-volt input/output logic. This Innovations Deserving Exploratory Analysis (IDEA) project developed a distributed input/output subsystem for the new generation traffic signal controller called the ATMS 2070. The innovation of this project is the use of the distributed control technology manufactured by Echelon called LonWorks. This project report describes the research approach and results.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
- This ITS-IDEA project was conducted by Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1995-7-1
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- ITS-IDEA Program Project Final Report
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Development; Distributed control; Distributed processing; Intelligent transportation systems; Research; Technological innovations; Traffic signal controllers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00712983
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: ITS-12
- Files: NTL, TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Oct 11 1995 12:00AM