HOV FEASIBILITY PLANNING DEVELOPING AND TESTING HOV ALTERNATIVES
As part of an HOV lane feasibility study, Parsons Brinckerhoff has been working closely with the Chicago Area Transportation Study (CATS) in developing traffic assignments and forecasts to evaluate the HOV alternatives. Both 1996 and 2010 traffic estimates have been prepared for HOV lanes with 2+ and 3+ vehicle occupancy requirements. This is the first time that CATS has been using the EMME/2 software for regional traffic assignments. An equilibrium capacity constraint procedure was used, running the assignment program through 20 iterations. SOV and HOV trips were assigned simultaneously. Also for the first time, CATS has performed peak hour assignments for both AM and PM peaks, rather than doing a 24-hour assignment and applying hourly distribution factors.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Tone, J C
- 1995 Compendium of Technical Papers. Institute of Transportation Engineers 65th Annual Meeting.
- Location: Denver, CO
- Date: 1995-8-5 to 1995-8-8
- Publication Date: 1995-8
- Pagination: p. 309-313
- TRT Terms: Feasibility analysis; High occupancy vehicle lanes; Peak hour traffic; Traffic assignment
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Area Transportation Study
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00712630
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1995 12:00AM