PERSPECTIVE FOR THE TRANSPORT REGIONS?!
PERSPECTIEF VOOR DE VERVOERREGIO'S?!
The Netherlands are allmost totaly covered with so-called transport regions. There are three kinds of transport regions: (1) around the three (or four) greater cities; (2) the other so-called BON-areas; and (3) the more than twenty other transportregions. State government and transport regions seem to wait for each other in taking real action. Furthermore, there are administrative, organizational and financial aspects that cause stagnation in the implementation of measures. It can be doubted if the construction of extended local administration is powerful enough to take the measures that are necessary. To give perspective to transport regions it is necessary: (a) to get a strong regional administration; (b) to get competence and tasks; (c) to get sufficient means; and (d) to get a good official support. It is especially the state government that should take the initiatives that are necessary. (A) For the covering abstract see IRRD 871533.
Colloguium Vervoersplanologisch SpeurwerkP.O. Box 45
- PRINS, T
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 193-206
- TRT Terms: Administration; Conferences; Federal government; Mobility; Networks; Policy; Regions; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation networks
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 8525: Conference; 183: Government (national); 9105: Mobility (pers); 8078: Netherlands; 1054: Network (traffic); 173: Policy; 378: Region; 1155: Transport
- Subject Areas: Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00712257
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Oct 24 1995 12:00AM