REGIONAL PARKING POLICY: HIGHEST COMMON FACTOR OR A NEW DASH?
REGIONAAL PERKEERBELEID: GROOTSTE GEMENE DELER OF NIEUW ELAN?
Regulation and pricing of parking within metropolitan areas can be considered as an effective approach to limit car use in these areas. In the Netherlands these parking policies were in the past developed and implemented by local governments (municipality level), who were strongly focused on the problems within the municipal area. Due to the increased scale of traffic problems the coordination of parking policies of adjacent municipalities becomes more important. The national government therefore tends to emphasize the need for policy development at the regional level. New procedures will be developed to stimulate and facilitate this coordination. For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD 871533.
Colloguium Vervoersplanologisch SpeurwerkP.O. Box 45
- VAN DER HORST, E M
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 107-26
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Conferences; Environment; Local government agencies; Parking; Pay parking; Policy; Regions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Decreases
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 9139: Accessibility; 8525: Conference; 9009: Decrease; 2455: Environment; 192: Local authority; 8078: Netherlands; 955: Parking; 933: Pay parking; 173: Policy; 378: Region
- Subject Areas: Policy;
- Accession Number: 00712252
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Oct 24 1995 12:00AM