AN INTEGRATED COMMUNICATION AND POSITIONING SOLUTION FOR IVHS APPLICATIONS
MOBITEX is a worldwide standard for wireless wide-area packet data communication. MOBITEX was first placed into commercial operation in Sweden in 1986. MOBITEX systems include land-based radio base stations and hierarchical packet data switching networks. The integration of position-location technologies (global positioning systems or GPS) and MOBITEX wireless data communication readily lends itself to IVHS applications. This paper discusses the use of MOBITEX wireless wide-area data networks with IVHS applications and the unique characteristics of MOBITEX wireless communications.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Yang, T T
- Intelligent Transportation: Serving the User Through Deployment. Proceedings of the 1995 Annual Meeting of ITS America.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1995-3-15 to 1995-3-17
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 1219-24
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Data communications; Dynamic positioning; Global Positioning System; Highway traffic control; Intelligent transportation systems; Video imaging detectors
- Old TRIS Terms: Positioning control systems; Wide area traffic control
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00711402
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 11 1995 12:00AM