AIR QUALITY IMPACTS OF IVHS
This paper focuses specifically on the potential air quality impacts of the various traffic-flow improvements offered by intelligent vehicle-highway systems (IVHS), where IVHS is defined as the subset of ITS technologies that deals with the vehicle-highway system. Air quality is the issue most often debated by those in the transportation and environmental fields, but the discussion could easily be expanded to include the other concerns. This paper concludes that the technologies will not have a negative environmental impact because they provide substantial benefits to the public.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Vaughn, K
- Murphy, D
- Intelligent Transportation: Serving the User Through Deployment. Proceedings of the 1995 Annual Meeting of ITS America.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1995-3-15 to 1995-3-17
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: p. 1195-01
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Environmental impacts; Intelligent transportation systems; Traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00711399
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 8 1995 12:00AM