USING MILITARY NAVIGATION RADIOS TO ENHANCE TRANSIT DISPATCHING SYSTEMS
Via the federal Technology Reinvestment Program, an existing military integrated position-location and communication system based on networked spread-spectrum radios is being adapted to satisfy safety-critical operational requirements for train location and control in railroad and transit applications. Radios installed on trains, at wayside locations, and at control stations, participate in a synchronous time-slotted network, enabling location determination in conjunction with reliable transfer of control information.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Mayhew, G L
- Intelligent Transportation: Serving the User Through Deployment. Proceedings of the 1995 Annual Meeting of ITS America.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1995-3-15 to 1995-3-17
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 1091-97
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Dispatching; Location; Military organizations; Position fixing; Public transit; Radio
- Uncontrolled Terms: Military applications
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00711387
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 7 1995 12:00AM