ITS TRENDS IN FREIGHT MANAGEMENT AND CVO APPLICATIONS
The general need for efficient and safe storage and transport of goods and materials has led to increasing interest in transportation-related technologies. In freight management and commercial vehicle operations (CVO), current and future Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) applications can have significant impact on both public and private sectors. Fleet operators in particular will benefit from understanding how adoption of new technologies can serve to improve their operations. This paper discusses current and future vehicle-roadside communications (VRC) applications based on radio frequency (RF) technology.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- BROWN, R C
- Santeiu, C J
- Intelligent Transportation: Serving the User Through Deployment. Proceedings of the 1995 Annual Meeting of ITS America.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1995-3-15 to 1995-3-17
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: p. 1065-69
- TRT Terms: Commercial vehicles; Fleet management; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Intelligent transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00711384
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 6 1995 12:00AM