MINNESOTA INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS INSTITUTE'S LABORATORY ENVIRONMENT
This paper presents the Minnesota Intelligent Transportation Systems Institute Laboratory Environment (MITSILE). The scope of the paper includes the project history, requirements, architecture (physical, digital, video), functionality, and a summary of the first research projects in the laboratory. The 3000+ square foot laboratory has 10 research positions (workstations), three teaching positions, and three visitor's offices connected to digital and video networks to facilitate demonstrations of emerging ITS technologies, including many national architecture functions. The CTS staff herewith invites researchers from other universities, state DOTs and private industry to participate in joint research projects that can effectively utilize the laboratory's interfaces, processors, databases, and sensors.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- BENSON, L A
- Benke, R F
- Foderberg, D L
- Intelligent Transportation: Serving the User Through Deployment. Proceedings of the 1995 Annual Meeting of ITS America.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1995-3-15 to 1995-3-17
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: p. 1045-55
- TRT Terms: Digital computers; Highway traffic control; State departments of transportation; Telecommuting
- Geographic Terms: Minnesota
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00711382
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 6 1995 12:00AM