DEVELOPMENT OF A REGIONAL GIS-TRANSPORTATION ITS NETWORK
This paper describes the development of a geographical information system for transportation (GIS-T) intelligent transportation systems (ITS) network for the 23-county metropolitan region of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. The network was developed as part of a regionwide ITS implementation strategy study. The goal of the study was to design a regional ITS "architecture," a framework for an integrated and multi-modal transportation network. The GIS network was developed as a tool: (1) To identify critical transit and roadway corridors within the region that can benefit from ITS technology and strategies; (2) To define and prioritize projects for near-, mid-, and long-term implementation and/or expansion of ITS in these corridors.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Iqbal, M S
- Konheim, C S
- Ketcham, B T
- Intelligent Transportation: Serving the User Through Deployment. Proceedings of the 1995 Annual Meeting of ITS America.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1995-3-15 to 1995-3-17
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: p. 899-909
- TRT Terms: City planning; Geographic information systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Regional transportation; Transportation corridors; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Geographical information systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00711368
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 1 1995 12:00AM