DENVER SMART VEHICLE SYSTEM
The Regional Transportation District (RTD) in Denver is implementing an Automated Vehicle Location Management and Monitoring System (AVL/MMS) operational test. Their proposal incorporated a Global Positioning System (GPS) for vehicle location. RTD's major objectives in implementing the AVL/MMS are: to improve the ability of dispatchers to adjust on-street operations; to provide accurate and realtime information to the riding public; to increase safety through better emergency management; and, to develop more efficient schedules.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1994-8
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE BRIEF: APTS
- Issue Number: 7
- Publisher: Federal Transit Administration
- TRT Terms: Advanced public transportation systems; Automatic vehicle location; Global Positioning System; Passenger information systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00711346
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 24 1995 12:00AM