A GUIDE TO STANDARDIZED HIGHWAY BARRIER HARDWARE: AASHTO-AGC-ARTBA JOINT COMMITTEE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON NEW HIGHWAY MATERIALS, TASK FORCE 13 REPORT
Members of the roadside community understand and recognize the need to standardize the materials and components that make up roadside safety appurtenances. This revised guide transmits barrier hardware information throughout the roadside safety community and the hardware manufacturing industry. The guide contains three sections of drawings and specifications of fastener, post, and rail components, and one section contains drawings of barrier systems. The section on barrier systems shows how the components shown in the fastener, post, and rail sections of the guide can be assembled to produce a variety of barrier systems. Two indices provide guidance in finding particular components or systems.
- This guide supersedes the 1979 publication of the same title and has been reorganized to facilitate frequent revisions.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Components; Crash cushions; Guardrails; Guides to information; Median barriers; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: End treatments; Hardware
- Old TRIS Terms: Appurtenances; Barrier design; Barrier types; Guides
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I85: Safety Devices used in Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00713828
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1995 12:00AM