VISION 2020: ALTERNATIVES FOR THE FUTURE
This abstract appears in a compendium of conference papers and summarizes the 3-year cooperative transportation planning effort of a state (Wisconsin), county (Dane), and city (Madison). Vision 2020--the process described--is a comprehensive land use and transportation planning process in which alternative land use and transportation scenarios are identified and analyzed to determine their feasibility. Public participation is extensive. The final outcome will be the first Dane County Land Use and Transportation Plan, based on the preferred land use-transportation scenario.
- Additional support was provided by the Puget Sound Regional Council and King County, Washington.
- Binkley, L S
- Fifth National Conference on Transportation Planning Methods Applications-Volume I: A Compendium of Papers Based on a Conference Held in Seattle, Washington in April 1995
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Date: 1995-4-17 to 1995-4-21
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Feasibility analysis; Forecasting; Land use; Multimodal transportation; Public participation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00713759
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 16 1995 12:00AM