EVALUATION OF THE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN TRANSIT AND URBAN FORM. RESEARCH RESULTS DIGEST
This TCRP Digest summarizes the results of Phase 1 of the project to evaluate the relationship between transit and urban form. The objectives of this phase were to 1) review the existing literature on transit and urban form relations; 2) develop a framework to synthesize this knowledge; 3) identify gaps in current knowledge; and 4) develop the research plan for the balance of the project. This Digest, which brings together the results of more than 30 years of theoretical and practical examinations of transit and urban form relationships, provides a base of knowledge for future planning and decisionmaking. The research plan will be implemented in Phase 2.
Transit Cooperative Research ProgramTransportation Research Board, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1995-7
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Guides to the literature; Literature reviews; Research; Urban development; Urban transit
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00713644
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, TRB, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 15 1995 12:00AM