FREIGHT CAR REFLECTORIZATION - DEMONSTRATION TEST (VIDEO)
The John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center (VNTSC) is conducting research sponsored by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Railroad Administration of reflectorization of railroad freight cars to foster conspicuity during nighttime movements through railroad-highway grade crossings. Three types of retroreflective materials have been acquired for testing. Material being tested include enclosed lens type, prismatic type and a bonded lens type.
- VHS video, cleared for TV. This VHS video is 1/2 inch, color with playing time of 12 minutes.
Volpe National Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1992
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Night visibility; Railroad grade crossings; Reflectorized materials; Retroreflectors; Safety; Visibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing safety; Reflectorization
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00712917
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1995 12:00AM