URBAN SUPPLEMENT TO THE GEOMETRIC DESIGN GUIDE FOR CANADIAN ROADS
The Transportation Association of Canada produced a Manual of Geometric Design Standards in 1986, since renamed the "Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads" (the 1986 TAC Guide) and held seminars to introduce the profession to the content of the document. Further seminars were held in 1989 on urban road design out of which emanated the consensus that there was a need for additional material to assist urban designers in urban road design. This document is the response to that demand. It is a supplement to the 1986 TAC Guide providing additional standards and design practice for urban application. Accordingly, the standards and examples of current practice in this document are generally consistent with the design principles in the 1986 TAC Guide. This supplement emphasizes design practice offering the designer the benefit of current practice and recent experience of different urban jurisdictions. This is appropriate for urban design since many projects are reconstruction, requiring innovative solutions and reduced emphasis on design standards.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1895102650
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Design standards; Geometric design; Guides to information; Highway design; Urban highways
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides; Practices
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00712519
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1895102650
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 24 1995 12:00AM