TRANSIT AND INTELLIGANT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. ADVANCED PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS SEMINAR, AUGUST 8, 1995
The document provides an introduction and overview of the Advanced Public Transportation Systems (APTS), as well as a brief description of the FTA Intelligent Vehicle Highway Systems (IVHS), or Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). The one-day seminar covered the following topics: Denver RTD's experience with fleet management systems; Development of intermodal ITS - Montgomery County, Maryland; Houston ITS - highway and transit; Transit ITS for paratransit operations; Specifying and procuring fixed route transit ITS; ITS Marta '96 - Olympic transit ITS; The role of advanced technologies in advanced transit ITS; Looking ahead - the transit ITS future.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced public transportation systems; Fixed routes; Fleet management; Intelligent transportation systems; Intermodal transportation; Multimodal transportation; Paratransit services; Technological innovations
- Old TRIS Terms: Multimodal transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00711367
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 1995 12:00AM