MOTOR VEHICLE DEFECT GUIDE: CATEGORISATION OF DEFECTS ON ROAD VEHICLES.
This document aims to: (1) provide guidance on the course of action to be taken by British police in relation to specific motor vehicle defects; and (2) promote uniformity of action amongst Authorised Constables. It is not a legal document, and must not be treated as an interpretation of the relevant legislation. Its three parts cover: (1) heavy goods vehicles and public service vehicles; (2) cars and light goods vehicles; and (3) motorcycles. The topics covered include: (1) engine and associated equipment; (2) transmission; (3) running gear, including wheels and tyres; (4) suspension; (5) brakes; (6) steering; (7) chassis; (8) driver's area; (9) public service vehicle (PSV) heating and ventilation; (10) body exterior; (11) glass; (12) body interior; (13) PSV doors and flaps: (14) PSV luggage compartments; (15) electrical equipment; (16) road lamps and reflectors; and (17) frame and miscellaneous parts (for motorcycles only).
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0115510516
VEHICLE INSPECTORATE49 HIGH HOLBORN
LONDON, United Kingdom WC1V 6HB
- Publication Date: 1992
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Buses; Classification; Defects; Delivery vehicles; Law enforcement; Minibuses; Motorcycles; Police; Trucks; Vehicles
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 1272: Bus; 1243: Car; 8513: Classification; 5238: Defect (tech); 1234: Delivery vehicle; 1534: Enforcement (law); 1236: Lorry; 1263: Minibus; 1221: Motorcycle; 1522: Police; 8119: United kingdom; 1255: Vehicle
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00711213
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 0-11-551051-6
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Sep 20 1995 12:00AM