SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT IN THE UK...A ROLE FOR THE WATERWAYS?
There is a general consensus in Europe that the road system that would be necessary to satisfy future demand is unacceptable by reason of the land taken up and the undesirable impact on natural habitats and amenity and cultural environments. The article discusses a switch to waterways transport in the UK, including its advantages and costs.
- Dock & Harbour Authority, v 75 n 858, March 1995, p 283 [5 p, 5 ref, 4 tab, 6 fig]
- HILLING, D
- Publication Date: 1995
- TRT Terms: Improvements; Waterways
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Waterway improvement
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00710650
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 14 1995 12:00AM