THE IMPACT BEHAVIOR OF THE HYBRID II DUMMY
The head, chest and femurs of three Hybrid II dummies were impacted with a ballistic pendulum at various angles to determine what differences in accelerometer and femur load cell putput would result for a constant energy input. Also evaluated were suspicious tension loads in the femur load cell putput when the legs were subjected to obvious off-center impacts during crash tests. It was found that the dummy legs can be subjected to very high torsion and bending loads which can have a significant effect on the femur load cell axial load outputs.
- Proceedings of the 19th Conference of the Stapp Car Crash Conference.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- DANIEL, R P
- Trosien, K R
- Young, B O
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Accelerometers; Bending; Crashes; Dummies; Head; Impact studies; Impact tests; Testing; Thorax; Torsion
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00132042
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #751145
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM