This study of 613 bicycle injury cases includedd 3 fatalities. Most unique to this vehicle are injuries and fractures about the shoulder. Most patients were under age 14 and male. The vehicle design seems contributory. 28 solo accidents outnumbered collisions.
- Proceedings of the 19th Conference of the American Association for Automotive Medicine.
American Association for Automotive Medicine801 Green Bay Road
Lake Bluff, IL United States 60044
- McDermott, J E
- Wood, P A
- 19th Annual Conference of the American Association for Automotive Medicine
- Date: 1975-11-0 to 1975-11-0
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Bicycles; Fatalities; Fracture mechanics; Injuries; Road shoulders; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fracture
- Old TRIS Terms: Cycles
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00132038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM