HEAD PROTECTION FOR THE BICYCLIST
This paper examines the need for head protection for bicyclists and delineates the specific requirements of a bicycling helmet. The manner in which such helmets are evaluated is discussed and comparative data for several available helmets is presented. The development of the Bell Bicycle Helmet is outlined.
- Proceedings of the 19th Conference of the American Association for Automotive Medicine.
American Association for Automotive Medicine801 Green Bay Road
Lake Bluff, IL United States 60044
- Lewicki, L R
- NEWMAN, J A
- 19th Annual Conference of the American Association for Automotive Medicine
- Date: 1975-11-0 to 1975-11-0
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Cyclists; Evaluation; Head; Helmets
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00132004
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM