TEST TO DETERMINE THE COMBINED EFFECTS OF WAVES AND CURRENTS ON BARRIER MOTIONS AND OIL RETENTION EFFICIENCY IN ROUGH WATER. POINT CONCEPTION, CALIFORNIA
The project proposes to conduct full scale testing of the high seas oil containment barrier, in order to furnish verfication of the prototype design. This test will determine the combined effects of waves and currents on barrier motions and oil retention efficiency in rough water. There are no known long term adverse effects as a result of the test program. (Author)
- Supersedes report dated 2 December, 1971, PB-204564D.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Publication Date: 1972-3-14
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil containment systems; Oil spill control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00034472
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ELR-3038
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM