COMPREHENSIVE AREAWIDE RAILROAD CONSOLIDATION AND RELOCATION STUDY--ST. LOUIS. VOLUME 5 - "ORGANIZATIONAL ALTERNATIVES"
This report on the "Organizational Alternatives" for the Comprehensive Areawide Railroad Consolidation and Relocation Study - St. Louis Region examines the question of selecting a lead agency for the implementation of a railroad relocation project. Existing regional and local agencies are examined from the standpoint of their legal, administrative and fiscal capacity to perform this function. The possibility of a single state agency being provided with the necessary powers and institutional arrangements used for similar projects elsewhere are explored as well as private approaches to the organizational question. A recommendation for the creation of a new "umbrella" agency using the existing Bi-State Development Agency as a foundation upon which to build is included.
- See also V1 RRIS 24 141433; V2, 20 141434; V3, 20 141435, V4, 15 141436; V6, 15 141438. Co-authors of this report are Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Grotz and Eric Hill and the Research Group, Atlanta, Georgia.
East-West Gateway Coordinating CouncilSuite 2110, 720 Olive Street
Saint Louis, MO United States 63101
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Consolidations; Financing; Governments; Legal factors; Lines of track; Management; Planning; Regional planning; Relocation (Facilities)
- Geographic Terms: Saint Louis (Missouri)
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Line relocation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00141437
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: EWG-PB-0268.10.0 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20023
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM