COMPREHENSIVE AREAWIDE RAILROAD CONSOLIDATION AND RELOCATION STUDY--ST. LOUIS REGION. VOLUME 4 - ECONOMIC FACTORS; ST. LOUIS REGION
This report on "Economic Factors - St. Louis Region" for the Comprehensive Areawide Railroad Consolidation and Relocation Study contains an analysis of the key demographic and economic characteristics of the St. Louis region as well as the results of a preliminary investigation of riverfront redevelopment potential. Past trends in key indicators - population, households, income, employment, residential and nonresidential construction, and retail sales - are identified and analyzed. Projections of these characteristics are presented to the year 1995. The information to be derived from this work recognizes the fact that improvements to the railroad system within the St. Louis region and the potential for the development of released land will take place within the context of the economic resources and constraints operating within the region. The various demographic and economic factors add to and/or detract from the region's ability to take advantage of the benefits to be achieved through railroad-associated redevelopment. A summary of Riverfront economic conditions is presented along with a discussion of constraints upon redevelopment and preliminary findings on reuse opportunities.
- See also V1 RRIS 24 141433; V2, 20 141434; V3, 20 141435; V5, 25 141437; V6, 15 141438. Co-authors of this report are Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Grotz and Eric Hill, and Morton Hoffman and Company, Baltimore, Maryland.
East-West Gateway Coordinating CouncilSuite 2110, 720 Olive Street
Saint Louis, MO USA 63101
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Economic development; Economic growth; Forecasting; Land use; Lines of track; Regional planning; Relocation (Facilities); Socioeconomic factors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial development
- Geographic Terms: Saint Louis (Missouri)
- Old TRIS Terms: Line relocation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00141436
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: EWG-PB-0268.10.0 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20023
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM