COMPREHENSIVE AREAWIDE CONSOLIDATION AND RELOCATION STUDY-- ST. LOUIS REGION. VOLUME 2 - FREIGHT AND MODE-SHARE ANALYSIS
This report on "Freight Generation and Mode-Share Analysis" for the Comprehensive Areawide Railroad Consolidation and Relocation Study - St. Louis Region evaluates the rail share of future freight traffic volume that might be anticipated for the St. Louis Region. The purpose of the report is to develop forecasts of future rail freight volumes that are classified as "overhead" or "through" freight and those that either originate or terminate in the St. Louis Region and are referred to as "local" freight. The assumptions and methodology used to obtain the forecasts are discussed along with the application of the Multi-Regional Input-Output Model (MIRO). The forecasts are used as input to the AAR Network Simulation Model and, in addition, the local freight forecasts are used in conjunction with projects of future industrial locations patterns within the region to develop a freight generation map. Industrial locations patterns are obtained from the DYLAM II Model which allocates future growth in land uses based on the supply of sites meeting specific physical and environmental criteria.
- See also V1, RRIS 24 141433; V3, 20 141435; V4, 15 141436; V5, 25 141437; V6, 15 141438. Co-authors of this report are Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Grotz and Eric Hill.
East-West Gateway Coordinating CouncilSuite 2110, 720 Olive Street
Saint Louis, MO USA 63101
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Economic development; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Land use; Mode choice; Network analysis (Planning); Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Regional planning; Simulation; Traffic forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial development
- Geographic Terms: Saint Louis (Missouri)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141434
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: EWG-PB-0268.10.0 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20023
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM