COMPREHENSIVE AREAWIDE RAILROAD CONSOLIDATION AND RELOCATION STUDY--ST. LOUIS REGION. VOLUME 1 - ALTERNATIVE RAILROAD RELOCATION PLANS
This report on "Alternative Railroad Relocation Plans" for the Comprehensive Areawide Railroad Consolidation and Relocation Study - St. Louis Region contains the analyses and descriptions of three alternative plans for the relocation and/or consolidation of railroad facilities in the St. Louis region. The methodology for determining the costs and benefits to the railroads for each alternative is included as well as the philosophy employed and the assumptions made in the selection and adoption of the alternatives. Economic results are presented for each alternative as well as transit time and reliability, shipper benefits, and the significance of the alternatives to the national rail problem. This report is supported by 18 individual railroad reports which are only available on a "need-to-know" basis.
- First of a six-volume study sponsored by the FRA, DOT; see also V2 RRIS 20 141434; V3, 20 141435; V4, 15 141436; V5, 25 141437; V6, 15 141438. Co-authors of this report: Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Grotz and Eric Hill.
East-West Gateway Coordinating CouncilSuite 2110, 720 Olive Street
Saint Louis, MO United States 63101
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Benefit cost analysis; Consolidations; Industry structure; Lines of track; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Regional planning; Relocation (Facilities); Trackage rights
- Geographic Terms: Saint Louis (Missouri)
- Old TRIS Terms: Line relocation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: EWG-PB-0268.10.0 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20023
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM