SUBWAY ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN HANDBOOK
This Handbook, in two volumes with Parts 1 and 2 comprising volume 2, is a guide and reference for the planning, design, construction and operation of environmental control systems for underground rapid transit. Volume 1, Principles and Applications, follows the engineering sequence from criteria through load analysis and from system conceptual design to selection of equipment. It covers a broad range of parameters, including temperature, humidity, air quality and rapid pressure change and to a limited extent, noise and vibration as related to environmental control equipment. Volume 2, Part 1, User's Manual, and Part 2, Programmer's Manual, comprises the computer program, Subway Environment Simulation (SES), a sophisticated design tool which can be used by engineers for analyses of design, evaluation of alternative environmental system concepts and extensive and complex configurations.
- Individual volumes are Volume 1, PB-254788; Volume 2, Part 1, PB-254789 and Volume 2, Part 2, PB-254790.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1730 M Street, NW, Suite 911
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Design; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Handbooks; Noise; Passenger comfort; Rail transit facilities; Structural design; Subway stations; Subways; Tunnels; Ventilation systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Subway noise; Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway environment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00137328
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3 Volumes
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1977 12:00AM