LOGISTICS PLANNING MODEL
This is a multi-time period linear programming computer model which finds the optimal routings for a number of commodities over a given transportation network. The model determines the least-cost combination of movements from source locations to numerous destinations subject to restrictions on supplies, requirements, and transportation equipment and facilities.
- Direct requests to Manager, Operational Research Branch, Canadian National. Publications: "A Logistics Planning Model for an Arctic Pipeline", Bushell, G.E. and Kingsbury, T.E., Transportation Research Forum, Proceedings 1972, pp 61-74.
Canadian National Railways935 la Gauchetiere Street, West
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3N4, Canada
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Competition; Computer programs; Costs; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Linear programming; Logistics; Marketing; Mode choice; Network analysis (Planning); Rates; Routing; Traffic managers; Transportation modes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Freight rates; Network flows; Shippers
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131922
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian National Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM