TRAIN CONNECTION REPORT
Computer program measures movement of cars through a terminal against the movement that should have been made. System takes the car arrival on a train, coupled with destination and deliver-to road, to calculate the move that should be made from the terminal. Has capability to measure all blocks on departing trains, specific blocks or a grouped subset of the total. The system uses a combination of Move Codes (SOU-4) Train Service and Train Service Exception to calculate the proper outbound moves.
- Direct requests to J.R. Martin, AVP, Transportation Planning, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System99 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA USA 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Classification yards; Computer programs; On time performance; Quality of service; Scheduling; Train operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Classification yard operations; Operating strategies; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00131890
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM