ORIGIN DESTINATION PERFORMANCE
Computer program measures movement of cars from first to last reporting location by location pairs. Report contains car volume, Standard Time, Percent Within Standard Plus Twenty-Four Hours, Average Transit Time, Time Required for 90% of cars to make trip and Percent Within 48-Hour Window. Total Trip Time Distribution in 12-Hour Intervals is also displayed. The system develops weekly and monthly reports for use in monitoring service. It has the ability to produce additional detail, such as the above information for Origin, Destination or Intermediate Terminals and Transit Times. Weekly reports produced for smaller number of point pairs than monthly version.
- Direct requests to J.R. Martin, AVP, Transportation Planning, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System99 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA USA 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Computer programs; Management information systems; Origin and destination; Quality of service; Scheduling; Train operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Train performance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131889
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM